Southern African Catholic Bishops Conference (SACBC) is the headquarters of the Catholic Church in Southern African. It is a public benefit organization (PBO).
SACBC seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, to be based in Pretoria, to manage the organization’s accounting system in accordance with statutory and donor requirements. The bookkeeper will be required to report directly to SACBC Finance Manager and the SACBC’s Secretary General.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and organizational policies and controls
- Payment of accounts
- Management of petty cash
- Manage pay roll system
- General accounting services (management accounts, forecasting, budgeting, reporting on variances)
- Prepare financial accounts and all other records for auditing
- Prepare management reports for Department of Finance meetings
- Generate financial reports for management
- Assist with Budget Preparation
- Keep files and records, including an asset register in accordance with legal requirements
- Maintain leave records for staff
- Grade 12 with Accounting Diploma/Degree or 10 years experience in accounting up to Trial Balance
- 7 years work experience in the NPO sector
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial accounts
- Competence in accounts management software (Pastel Partners)
- Competence in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Proven administrative, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills- both oral and written
- A proven high level of personal integrity
- A genuine interest in and commitment to the work of the SACBC
- Ability to integrate into a diverse and vibrant team
- A valid driver’s licence
- A good understanding of the social teachings of the Catholic Church and its values, and commitment to adhere to and apply these in SACBC’s work
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of SACBC’s mission and programs. SACBC carries out the commitments of the Bishops of Southern Africa to serving those in need.
To apply submit a recent CV (with references) in hard copy either by hand/post/courier to the following address: SACBC Khanya House 129 Main Street, Waterkloof, Pretoria, 00181 by 26 March 2020. Please mark for the attention of the Finance Manager
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.