COMMISSION FOR LITURGY
The Commission for Liturgy liaises with Dioceses by working with and through diocesan liturgical committees and coordinators, promoting sound and edifying Liturgy among all groups within the Christian community – families, adults, youth and children.
The official respondent of the Conference to the relevant Congregations and Councils of the Holy See, and to the related bodies of other Episcopal Conferences;
liturgical formation and education that is consistent with the Pastoral Plan in the following areas:
- Liturgical celebration
- Liturgical inculturation
- Church art and architecture
- Liturgical music
- Facilitates, where possible, translations of liturgical materials into various languages, and forwards liturgical texts approved by the Conference to the Holy See for final approval;
- Prepares liturgical material for use during Plenary Sessions and meetings of the Administrative Board of the Conference;
- Liaises with and supports the various liturgical training programmes in the seminaries and formation institutes within the territories of the Conference;
- Develops and promotes liturgical research and programmes at the request of the Conference and in co-operation with diocesan and other liturgical bodies.
The Commission consists of the following:
- the Episcopal Chairperson of the Department for Christian Formation, Liturgy and Culture;
- the Episcopal Vice-Chairperson of the same Department;
- the third Episcopal Member of the same Department
- the Coordinating Secretary of the Department
- the Secretary of the Commission
- co-opted members who contribute liturgical expertise and have been appointed by the Commission as consultants.
Sr Phuthunywa Siyali HC
129 Main Street, Waterkloof – Pretoria
P.O. Box 941
Tel: 012 323 6458