SACBC AIDS Office is a nonprofit organization and public benefit organization. The SACBC AIDS Office is an office of the Southern African Catholic Bishops Conference (SACBC) and was established in 2002. It was set up by the Bishops as the Catholic Church Response to HIV and AIDS in Southern Africa. The SACBC AIDS Office has provided treatment, care and support to those infected or affected by AIDS, both adults and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), especially to the poorest and most vulnerable in Southern Africa.
SACBC AIDS Office seeks to recruit a Director, to be based in Pretoria.
The Director will be required to report directly to SACBC Secretary General, SACBC AIDS Office’s Board of Management and to the Bishops.
The main purpose of the SACBC AIDS Office’s Director is to ensure sufficient funds and other resources are raised to support the work of the SACBC AIDS Office.
Auxillary role will include:
- coordinating SACBC AIDS Office’s various programs and services,
- implementing the direction and policy set by the Board of Management;
- providing strategic and operational leadership.
- ensuring SACBC AIDS Office ’s consistent achievement of the mission and financial objectives of the SACBC AIDS Office and SACBC.
- Ensure the development and effective implementation of a long-term strategy in line with the SACBC’s mission and vision
- Provide leadership in developing programmatic, organisational and financial plans with the management board and staff and take responsibility for their successful implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and financial requirements
- Represent the views and concerns of the Catholic Church and of the SACBC AIDS Office to government, civil society and the general public and serve as the SACBC AIDS Office’s public face
- Recruit and manage a strong team and provide them with the necessary support and leadership to complete their tasks effectively and efficiently
- Maintain and manage sound financial management and administrative systems
- Ensure sufficient funds and other resources are raised to support the work of the SACBC AIDS Office
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with funders
- A good understanding of the social teachings of the Catholic Church and its values, and commitment to adhere to and apply these in SACBC AIDS Office’s work
- Proven experience in working with international funders, primarily, European and American.
- Strong track record in fund-raising, both locally and internationally – a minimum of seven years of professional experience of fundraising.
- Proven leadership abilities – a minimum of seven years of professional experience in the field of HIV&AIDS with a focus on innovation, resource mobilization (Fundraising), advocacy, coordination and implementation of HIV prevention and/or treatment programmes.
- A good understanding of the AIDS situation in Southern Africa and experience in working with government and other key health stakeholders
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment or with nonprofit organisations
- Demonstrable experience in staff recruitment and management
- Experience in managing large budgets and proven financial management oversight
- Passion for supporting those who receive poor health services or who are neglected or discriminated against
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Command of oral and written English (other local language an advantage)
- Strong analytical, communication and report writing skills
- Strategic thinker, planner and collaborative worker
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to work cross culturally
- Proactive, resourceful, Resilient, positive, solution focused and results-oriented
- Ability to travel locally and internationally
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of SACBC AIDS Office’s mission and programs. SACBC AIDS Office carries out the commitment of the Bishops of Southern Africa to assist the poor and vulnerable both adults and children infected or affected by AIDS.
To apply submit a recent CV (with references) in hard copy either by hand/post/courier to the following address: SACBC Khanya House 129 Main Street, Waterkloof, Pretoria, 00181 by 26 March 2020. Please mark for the attention of the SACBC Secretary General.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.